my dream dress, perfect for frolicking :')
June 11, 2020
i LOVE this dress so much! i hesitated a lot to buy it, bc i'm always really hesitant w/ online purchases, esp with something that's a bit risky like a dress, but when i saw it, i knew i had to have it lol. when i first opened the package irl, i was a little worried abt it bc the print was definitely larger than i expected, and i wasn't sure how it would look, but i put in on and i fell in LOVE. sorry boys, i'm off the market; i'm marrying this dress.
lmao but for practical matters:
- it's kind of a cut off maxi dress? midi dress ish? it hits a bit above my ankles, but definitely longer than mid-shin (i'm 5'4, it's not an egregiously awkward length but it was a bit unexpected)
- the fabric is,,, unfortunately a bit cheap, though i kind of expected that, and i don't mind because it is very flowy and flattering even so. also, it does have a little lining underneath which is nice.
- it's a tiny tiny bit see through, but not too much; i've worn a dark bralette underneath it before and you could only really a faint outline if you stared pretty hard lol.
- the colors are lovely; i'm brown so i was worried the beige wouldn't be flattering on me, but it's very cute which was a relief
- side tangent: i wore it to a rose garden recently, and the wind blew it into some rose bushes while i was walking so it has a little hole near the bottom now :'( but, it's not really noticeable and it was my bad anyways. i'll just have to be more careful with it in the future. don't walk through rose bushes in this dress kids, unless u want the chiffon weave to get wonky/pull out some threads lol. but now that i think about it, i'm probably quite lucky the tear was small and didn't noticeably ruin the whole dress.
- as for sizing, i intentionally got a size much larger than i would expect to fit me because i was already planning on adding a kind of lace-up corset detailing with ribbon to the back; i haven't done that yet but i wear it with a belt and it still looks cute. i got the large and while it is quite loose on me, i'm not sure if it would be able to fit past a US size medium, unfortunately. but i do think they had an xl option last i checked, so yay!
TLDR: it's the cutest, buy the dress, go twirl around in it, frolic to your heart's content, be happy (but avoid rosebushes lol)