For this month’s Chit Chat, we’re getting to know more about Kennie J.D.
Kennie has always been a creative soul. Her interest in art, including painting and drawing, is what led her to discover her passion for makeup. It all started when Kennie stumbled upon makeup videos on YouTube. That’s when she realized that she could combine her love of art and makeup to create beauty content for her own YouTube channel.
Fast forward to today, Kennie’s creative outlets are YouTube and Instagram. As a big fan of K-Beauty and Korean culture, Kennie enjoys trying out different Korean beauty brands. Espoir, Peach C and I’m From are some of the brands that she can’t get enough of.
Want to know what other Korean makeup and skin care brands are on her radar? Keep on reading to find out!
What made you start creating content around beauty?
I have always been interested in art like painting and drawing, and when I was in middle school, I came across YouTube makeup videos. I realized I could use makeup as a new medium and I really enjoyed it. The rest is history.
Did you ever see yourself doing what you do now?
Not particularly. I worked a few office jobs while I was in high school and college and I knew that I was not the best at working for other people. I think I’ve always wanted to be self-employed while doing something largely creative and flexible. YouTube just fell into place.
You have such a fun and bubbly personality! What’s a fun fact that your followers don’t know about you?
Probably my social battery, haha. I’m good at bouncing around a room and communicating with people but I get physically or emotionally tired when I have to talk to a lot of people. I call it the social battery.
Get her look: The Saem – Saemmul Single Blusher (#OR02 Selfie Orange) | Peach C – Peach Cotton Blusher (Apricot) | Peach C – Easy Matte Lipstick (Tangerine Red) | Peach C – Peach Holiday Tint (Tropical)
Do you have a K-beauty product you’re currently obsessed with?
1) Espoir’s Face Prime Glow Fix Mist will always be my favorite setting spray (even though it is a primer).
2) romand’s Zero Velvet Tints are SOOOOO nice. They look so effortlessly beautiful.
3) Peach C’s Peach Cotton Blusher in “Apricot P” is one of my new favorite blushes. It’s a super unique yellow-peach color. I need more blushes that are this shade!
Name 3 makeup products that you can’t live without.
1) Again, Espoir’s Face Prime Glow Fix Mist is a holy grail.
2) BEAUTY PEOPLE Flash Fix Pearl Pigments
1) Ouma Stay Woke Concealer
2) NARS Radiant Longwear Foundation
3) Black Radiance Contour Palette