We’re halfway through summer! Has your skin been naughty or nice? If it’s been nice, then congratulations! Maybe your hard work on skin care has paid off. If it’s not, then maybe it’s time to adjust your skin care routine.
Don’t know where to start? Don’t worry! The list below shows the skin care bestsellers at YesStyle from January to June this year, so you know what the beauty junkies are after! We’ve also compared the results with 2018’s all-year bestsellers to see what the all-time faves are and what’s up-and-coming.
The Top 5 oil cleansers are pretty much the same compared to last year except for the addition of Hada Labo’s Gokujuyn Cleansing Oil, which has moved from its Top 10 spot to 4th on the list!
1. BANILA CO – Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original
2. THE FACE SHOP – Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil
3. DHC – Deep Cleansing Oil
4. Rohto Mentholatum – Hada Labo Gokujyun Oil Cleansing
5. Kose – Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil
It’s of little surprise that COSRX’S Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser, RiRe’s Style Black Head Brush Cleanser and Shiseido’s Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam remain in the Top 5. What is noteworthy is the surge of BRTC’s V10 Powder Cleansing Tea Bag. The unique tea bag design makes it a must-try this year!
1. COSRX – Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
2. RiRe – All Kill Blackhead Remover Stick
3. RiRe – Style Black Head Brush Cleanser
4. Shiseido – Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam
5. BRTC – V10 Powder Cleansing Tea Bag (Blackhead)
Facial scrubs come in a lot of forms, but peeling gels are the sure winner as they dominate the Top 3 in this category! This year, Dr. Oracle’s single-use 21 Stay A Thera Peeling Sticks went viral for their powerful AHA and BHA formulation that helps rid skin of blackheads.
1. Secret Key – Lemon Sparkling Peeling Gel
2. Cure – Natural Aqua Gel
3. Dr.G – Brightening Peeling Gel
4. Dr. Oracle – 21;Stay A Thera Peeling Stick Set
5. TONYMOLY – Tako Pore Blackhead Scrub Stick
Toners can do so much more than just toning and prepping skin. Whilst COSRX’s AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner remains the most popular toner at YesStyle, others within the Top 5 are geared more towards moisturizing and soothing than exfoliating.
1. COSRX – AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
2. Pyunkang Yul – Essence Toner
3. Rohto Mentholatum – Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Lotion
4. COSRX – Oil Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap
5. LANEIGE – Fresh Calming Trial Kit: Toner 25ml + Serum 10ml + Gel Cleanser 15ml
Essence, Serum & Ampoule
Snail filtrate crawls all the way to the top of this chart! The two bestselling essences both feature snail filtrate. Other popular ingredients on the list include green tea seed extract, galactomyces ferment filtrate and Vitamin C.
1. Benton – Snail Bee High Content Essence
2. COSRX – Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
3. innisfree – Green Tea Seed Serum
4. Secret Key – Starting Treatment Essence – Rose Edition
5. Rohto Mentholatum – Melano CC Vitamin C Essence
Face Cream and Moisturizer
Moisturizers with soothing benefits were the most sought-after in the first half of the year. Among the Top 5, Nature Republic’s Soothing Moisture Aloe Vera 92 Soothing Gel and COSRX’s Centella Blemish Cream and Oil Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion With Birch Sap all boast soothing qualities.
1. Rohto Mentholatum – Hada Labo Gokujyun Premium Lotion
2. NATURE REPUBLIC – Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
3. COSRX – Centella Blemish Cream
4. LANEIGE – Cream Skin Refiner
5. COSRX – Oil Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap
Eye Skin Care
Eye patches seem to have a bigger fan base than eye creams here at YesStyle. Etude House’s Collagen Eye Patch still tops the chart this year, followed by JAYJUN’s Green Tea Eye Gel Patch. Who can resist the added benefits of cooling skin while fighting off dark circles and wrinkles?
The choices for face masks are quite diverse, ranging from clay to sheet masks. However, sleeping masks are taking the lead this year. Indulge in a good night’s sleep wearing LANEIGE’s Water Sleeping Mask, COSRX’s Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask, Etude House’s Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack or an Innisfree face mask product.
1. LANEIGE – Water Sleeping Mask
2. COSRX – Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
3. innisfree – My Real Squeeze Mask (Green Tea)
4. Elizavecca – Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
5. Etude House – Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack
Out of the 5 bestselling sunscreens last year, only Etude House’s Sunprise Must Daily Lotion stayed on the list. Just like Japanese oil cleansers, Japanese sunscreens prove to be quite popular, earning three places in the Top 5!
1. Etude House – Sunprise Must Daily Lotion SPF50+ PA+++
2. Kao – Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++ 2019 Edition
3. Shiseido – Hada-Senka Mineral Water UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++
4. Jigott – UV Sun Block SPF 50+ PA+++ (Snail)
5. Shiseido – Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk SPF 50+ PA++++
See here for our makeup bestsellers!