I usually make lists and lists of what to pack before any trip, long or short. This weekend, I’m heading to Seoul, where the weather is unusually cold at -8 degrees Celsius! I’m packing a lot of wools and layers to stay warm and I’m thinking of throwing in a heat pack too. Here’s a list of six cold-weather essentials that I picked up from the office!
1. Fleece-lined Faux Suede Jacket. Shearling jackets are a classy winter closet staple and this one in an ivory beige hue gives an extra dose of sophistication to any outfit. A fleece lining and the mid-thigh length ensure you’ll stay warm and cozy, even on the chilliest of days.
2. Skinceutical’s Emollience. Sub-zero temperatures and wind chill combined with indoor heating can really stress out your skin. Mine’s especially sensitive to cold and dry climates so I make sure it stays protected from harsh environmental factors with this ultra-rich cream. This restorative moisturizer contains nutrient-rich Brazilian sea algae to nourish and hydrate the skin while grape seed, rose hip, and macadamia oils restore and maintain moisture. I love that it keeps my skin moisturized without leaving any greasy residue behind.
3. Boarding Pass Holder. I like to stay organized when I’m travelling, especially when there are a lot of loose papers and documents to carry. This darling boarding pass holder fits everything – including maps, tickets, cards, passport and boarding pass. It means I don’t have to fold my boarding pass or take my passport out of the pocket when crossing through customs!
4. Quilt-Embossed Tote Bag. A huge, stylish tote bag is essential, especially if I’m travelling for work. This oversized tote with a metallic finish is definitely my favorite, and will fit everything from my notebook, laptop and cardigan for the plane ride. The roomy bag has five pockets in total, so I won’t have to rummage through it to find my belongings. (Although a bag organizer would solve that problem!)
5. Brushed Fleece Tights. A layer of fuzzy fleece keeps gams toasty in freezing temperatures, so these tights are a must! I picked up three pairs of these earlier this week from the Ready to Ship section.
6. Snow Boots. I have a closet full of boots but not many pairs that can withstand snow (and anyone who’s in a snowy area will know about the salt lines that ride up on your boots and pants). I saw these in the Ready to Ship section last week and quickly snapped up a pair in gray as well. The soft fur inside is comfy and extremely warm.
Sub-zero Seoul, I think I’m ready for you now!
What are your travel essentials and how do you prepare for the weather at your destination? Let me know in the comments!