Rambloyee Note: Ramble I may do, but not without reason! And this time, it’s definitely to your benefit! What’s a nice teaser about sale events if we’re not going to join the fun too right?
So here it is: between November 29th and December 1st, shop at YesStyle.com, YesStyle.com.hk or YesStyle.com.au and get 15% off your order*! That’s right! Just straight up 15% off anything you buy – no restrictions! All you have to do is enter the code you see at the bottom of this article, and voila! Cyber Monday becomes Wallet Happy Day!
April showers bring May flowers; thanksgiving dinners make wallet thinners.
I have a friend who if she could, would never leave her apartment. To her, the Internet (and subsequently anything electrical) is her sole lifeline to the outside world, whether it is for news, entertainment, or of course, shopping. So for Internet junkies like her, there is no better date in the Georgian Calendar year than the one known as ‘Cyber Monday’.
Coincidentally, and as the cheesy expression goes, opposites attract, as I myself am the very opposite. For this rambler, there is nothing better than the bustle of the masses (pushing and shoving is such a great stress reliever), and the tangible examination before you buy something. And so to me, ‘Black Friday’ is the day of my quest for the retail holy grail.
Now before you start thinking of the Plague or some spooky séance for ‘Black Friday’, or wonder if ‘Cyber Monday’ is a civic holiday where everyone can have a day off work/school and celebrate the greatness that is online gaming … sorry to disappoint you my dear reader, but let’s remember why we’re here – shopping!
My great wealth of knowledge (read: the Internet) tells me that Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, the day that is considered to be the official start to the Christmas season (i.e. the riot crowds running around, pushing and shoving for present shopping). Cyber Monday is the Monday immediately following Black Friday. Since the retail calendar states Christmas comes right after Thanksgiving, it makes absolute perfect sense to make with the reindeer right after the turkey right?
But really, let’s be honest, who can resist an excuse to shop? The conspiracy theory behind it all is that many employees take the Friday after Thanksgiving off, and take it as the excuse to start their Christmas shopping. Come Monday, they shop online (possibly at work *snicker*) for what they did not manage to purchase the previous Friday.
For those who need a summary:
Black Friday = Shopping at a mall post-Thanksgiving to help work off the turkey stuffing.
Cyber Monday = Shopping online post-Thanksgiving and Black Friday to reward yourself for working off the turkey stuffing on Friday.
So begs the question, do you “celebrate” both days? Are you a push-and-shove soul or a zen click-at-home one?
Lucky for us, word has it that YesStyle is giving us both the turkey stuffing workout AND the turkey stuffing workout reward in form of promotions held at their YesStyle store in San Francisco and on their online store YesStyle.com.
And I for one, am ready with my jabby elbows and mouse-clicking pointer finger.
Have a good shopping November!
Enter this code for Cyber Monday purchases at 15% off: CM2010NOV
How do you use a coupon code ?
Enter the corresponding coupon code in the “Coupon Code” field during the checkout process and you’re good to go!
*Terms and conditions apply. Make sure you read them below!
Terms & Conditions:
1. This coupon is only applicable towards orders worth at least US$50 or its equivalent in Australian dollars (AUD), Hong Kong dollars (HKD) or Renminbi (RMB). The coupon amount is only applicable towards product prices and cannot be applied to shipping fees.
2. The coupon value is in US dollars (USD). If the coupon is redeemed in an order using Hong Kong dollars (HKD), Renminbi (RMB) or Australian dollars (AUD), the coupon value will be converted from USD to the relevant currency based on YesStyle’s internal exchange rate.
3. This coupon can only be redeemed at YesStyle.com, YesStyle.com.au and YesStyle.com.hk.
4. This coupon is only applicable towards orders placed between November 28, 2010 (21:00:00 PST, GMT -8) and December 1, 2010 (00:00:00 PST, GMT-8 ).
5. Only one coupon may be used per order.
6. To use your coupon, please enter the corresponding coupon code in the “Coupon Code” field during the checkout process.
7. This coupon is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or YesStyle Credit.
8. This coupon cannot be applied to combined orders.
9. If a customer’s order amount does not exceed the relevant coupon’s value, no refund or YesStyle credit will be issued for the difference.
10. This coupon cannot be combined with any other promotional coupons. However, the coupon can be used in conjunction with Elite Club Discounts.
11. YesStyle reserves the right to change all terms and conditions and to withdraw the coupon without prior notice. Should there be any disputes, YesStyle’s decision is final.