Hong Kong Street Photography – August 2010

Take style notes from the 1970’s:

The popular headband is back – look out for chain trims, floral lace and braided leather. To avoid the hippie look, pair with a simple dress as this girl does above.

Or go with a floral dress that gives a retro touch to your look.

Location: Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

About the Photo / Photo Credits
This photo is republished with permission from Style-Tips.com (Hong Kong).

24 comments on “Hong Kong Street Photography – August 2010

1. Mya Chen Mraz August 10, 2010 3:59 pm

These couple shot series in Hong Kong gives me a lot of ideas on how people dress over there! Thanks YesStylist.

2. Lyna Chan August 10, 2010 4:23 pm

I love the floral dress.. but its too short so I prefer to wear it with leggings.. I think that would be cool. =)

And the hippie look hairband..reminds me of GD.. hehehe

3. Shi Ris Ma August 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Yeay, Hongkong’s fashion now is like a boom, especially floral motif. In my country (Indonesia), so many girls also used floral dress or floral motif for all occasions. Floral motif tube-dress can be match with short if you want to go to informal occasion like go to mall or hang out or it can be combining with cardigan. Long dress with floral motif also can use in formal occasions. So let’s live your life with floral motif~!!hahaha^^

4. 秋山澪 August 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Loving the retro touch!
    Like Lyna, I would definitely match that dress up with some leggings. It would even look nice as a maxi :)!
    Great pics!

5. YNam Phn August 10, 2010 6:29 pm

The male first style is very casual and elegant at the same time! The jeans with the shirt is a perfect combination! The girl are very stylish too! Maybe was better if she didn’t wear the elastic band…
    In the second picture the girl is very simple but very nice.

6. Grace Lam August 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I like the first couple shot a lot. I love the combination of hippie girl + korean guy fasion

7. Tim 李崇湛 Lee August 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Haha I like both male styles in the two pictures ^—-^
    Most of the time I wear something similar to the bottom one

8. Richard Truong August 10, 2010 10:13 pm

i like the casualty of the guy’s outfit in the first image.

9. Carmen Li August 11, 2010 1:08 am

i don’t think i’ll ever be able to pull the look that the girl has in the first picture. and i can see that HK still loves baby milo <3

10. Carol 캐롤 첸 Chen August 11, 2010 1:46 am

Love the first guys paring with a white dress shirt and cardigan. He made it casual with comfortable jeans. Very nice! I would love to have that outfit.

11. Rory Lawrence August 11, 2010 3:24 am

love the Clothing, the style love it love it ^ ^

12. Sandy 연희 Kong August 11, 2010 3:34 am

I love the guys’ outfit for both picture. And the girls’ dress.

13. Jeff Liang August 11, 2010 3:52 am

The outfits are nice 😀 h So the hippie/retro looking is coming back? xD’

14. Ly Tan August 11, 2010 6:51 am

the first couple have rather simple looking style but it really still have that stylish look. i really love her shoes. it goes really well with the dress she wearing. very elegant

15. Eboni Song August 11, 2010 8:04 am

I love these outfits! They are so cute and different. I love seeing how people dress in other countries, and it’s even more adorable that they are couples haha.

16. Melina Lousada August 11, 2010 8:45 am

Different these outfits… I didn’t know what kind of clothes the people in Hong Kong use!! <3 I do like this post ^^ There is a lot of information here~~ Haha~~ The dress of the girl is cute ^^

17. Vy Huynh August 11, 2010 9:49 am

I love how sweet the first couple’s outfits look – really just clean and pretty looks.
    The second couple is just so fun and casual ^^
    The HK style seems to be pretty varied but really nice.

18. Jennifer Partida August 11, 2010 9:51 am

I love both of the guys outfits!
    The girls dresses are also nice.

19. Albert Figueroa August 11, 2010 10:17 am

The outfit in the second photo looks really comfortable compared to the first one especially if you’re a male tourist in Hong Kong, you have to wear comfortable clothes… I love both dresses it’s eye cathcing for me..

20. Lisa Lee August 11, 2010 10:20 am

i like the first guys outfit and the second girls floral printed dress its soooo pretttty

hk clothing is so nice

21. Emily Ng August 11, 2010 1:28 pm

the dress the girl is wearing from the second picture is so cute! i wish i can pull off wearing those types of dresses.

22. Ivan Teh August 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Can anyone help me find similar clothing to the type the first guy is wearing? I want to try it 😀