The Flash Diet

If you want to lose weight and maintain it, you don’t go on a diet, you change your lifestyle. We all know that diets do not work because you go on and off a diet. Diets are temporary. Changing your dietary lifestyle, however, means that you are gradually committing yourself to long-term weight maintenance and changing your daily habits.

A good start is by watching what you eat. It’s as simple as that. All you need to do is to know what you eat, how much you are eating and expend more energy than you consume. To help with your discipline in the beginning, try The Flash Diet. As mentioned before, there is no such thing as a ‘diet’ so this is simply something to help you start out your new lifestyle.

Let’s begin by taking your before photo. Now, set your goal and plan your timeline. At the end of your timeline, take your after photo to see how much you have progressed. Not only will that help motivate you to meet your weight loss goal, your before and after photos should also encourage you to keep healthy because seeing the improvements in your body will show you how hard you’ve worked for it.

Keeping a food journal can help you from overeating but taking photos of your meals makes documenting more fun and visual. Photo diaries are a far more effective and accurate record of daily calories and a more powerful disincentive to overeat. You are more likely to demonstrate greater awareness of your diet when viewing the photographs of your meal than when reflecting on your written notes.

Besides, you are more likely to have a phone with a camera function in your handbag than a notebook and a pen  (which you could easily forget to bring if you eat out anyways). Following the flash diet should also show you how much you have improved in terms of portion and choice of food.

Create a blog and share your flash diet online or use Twitter to share your food journal with your friends. Chances are, you will be more motivated to share a photo of a healthier choice in food than a sugary treat.

14 comments on “The Flash Diet

1. Pie Daud August 10, 2010 3:49 pm

i have read this article few days ago and yeah it really do inspire for people like me who struggling to lose weight.i start to take pictures and count the calories which i take it into my body and regular exercises is a must.well flash diet add in more effort in my diet mission before december comes 😉
    seeing what you ate is more effective than writing it in a note book cus we cant see how heavy the calory really looks like.

2. Shirley Wong August 10, 2010 4:03 pm

This seems like a really good idea.
    I’m trying to lose weight and my ‘diet’ isn’t exactly working xD
    So I guess my next step is this (:

3. Clairene Siah August 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Wow interesting. This can be of great help for my friend who’s trying to lose weight. I’m trying to gain weight though, are there articles on gaining weight healthily? haha >.< thanks for the interesting article yesstyle~

4. Bling Bling Sandy Chan August 10, 2010 5:25 pm

LOL this is totally right…. I’ve been on several crash diets before where i basically starve for about 2 weeks and i ended up gaining… Thanks for this article! It was really interesting!

5. Vy Tran August 10, 2010 5:48 pm

hm, yeah i’ve heard about this before. i’ve considered trying it out but really, i know i’d forget to take pictures anyways lol. i should be eating healthier starting like, now, but… unhealthy food is like my guilty pleasure. 🙁

6. Evonne Nguyen Park August 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Woah, this is a good idea ! XD
    i tried the “banana” diet, but i don’t think that worked.

i’m gonna try this hehe. 🙂

7. Gembil Wulandari August 10, 2010 7:18 pm

I will try this. I’ve tried a million diet. All of them are failure.

8. Putthearithy Taing August 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah, i really need to watch what i eat, exercising goes hand in hand with dieting. Without a good diet, it’s harder to keep a fit body.

9. Carol 캐롤 첸 Chen August 10, 2010 11:28 pm

I think this diet seems interesting and a diet that seems realistic then the other ones. You just simply watch what you eat and document it which I should start doing now… lol well it seems more realistic then the lettuce diet that park bom was on lol

10. Connie Zheng August 11, 2010 12:07 am

that sounds like fun! i wanna make a photo diary of my diet! this is something i wanna try ^^

11. Facebook User August 11, 2010 12:19 am

i agree with this article. lifestyle change is needed. i think it’d be effective too. taking pictures of what you eat will show you how much you’ve eaten and therefore would make you control food consumption. nice.

12. Prianka Rodé August 11, 2010 12:38 am

this is a really good idea! I always worry about maintaining my weight, and this seems like a really good way to do so. and a photo diary sounds fun to make! ^w^

13. Jennifer Zhang August 11, 2010 12:47 am

WOOOH. I should actually follow this.
    haha ..
    making a food journal would be fun!
    take pictures of food and stick it in there.
    YAHYAHYAH~ LOLOL
    this is such an awesome idea!

14. Kevin Lundorff August 11, 2010 2:31 pm

wow… so true, the key is to change your lifestyle. Sounds interesting to make a food journal, it would b funny taking pics of food though 🙂